All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Top 10 Controllers of All Time AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Top 10 Controllers of All Time Brutalgamerlogo

Top 10 Controllers of All Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Top 10 Controllers of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

The latest Top Ten list on AAG is a good one, people - taking a different approach to the Top Ten lists and bringing us the Top Ten controllers in Gaming History instead of the usual game-type lists.
Check it out here, its quite a read; Top Ten Controllers

So, on the subject of great controllers - or just controllers in general - what are some that stand out to you?

Ill kick things off with the one controller required for any discussion on the topic. I am of course talking about the great Steel Battalion mega-controller! For those of you no tin the know, it just so happens to be the biggest, most expensive and downright amazing controller ever developed for a console. Too bad it cost an arm and leg and had you searching the dreary underbellies on the internet to locate one here in Australia.

You played with this;
Top 10 Controllers of All Time Sb11

Which translated to this on screen;
Top 10 Controllers of All Time Steel_10

Pretty insane, huh? Also, getting a little off topic, a sequel to the infamous Steel Battalion has been confirmed and will be leading the 'core' lineup of Kinect games in the near future. Very interesting.

Discuss!!!
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

AAG Poster Points : 65

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:16 am

Thanks Lax. It seems to have generated some discussion on the site, which is a good thing.

I have seen a picture of the controller above once before. It is a monster, do you have one???
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 am

Nah mate, dont have one. Had one a few years back when I still had my original Xbox but sold it all together to get a 360. Imported it from england for a whopping $300. Game was terrible though...

Just seen the idiodic comments some people feel the need to say on the site. Dont worry about them dude, the list is solid.

Last edited by Laxman on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

AAG Poster Points : 65

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:57 am

That's a lot for one controller hey. Almost as much as the original Xbox would have been if I recall.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 am

yea a good read. ive used them all apart from the glove thing. I own the NES gun along with a NES. And i still play duck hunt when i go to my grandparents house. Ive had it since i was about 3. The nintendo 64 controller was a bad boy. In a good way. I love to hold it.

10/10 mate good stuff
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:21 am

Yeah ive heard heaps of people bad mouthing the N64 controller. Apart from the terrible joystick quality I thought it was downright awesome. It was good how developers just made you have to use one of the left/middle handles instead of having to switch between them all the time (at least, I cant remember a game that made you use both?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controllers of All Time   Top 10 Controllers of All Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Controllers of All Time
Page 1 of 1