All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

PC Indie Titles AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

PC Indie Titles Brutalgamerlogo

PC Indie Titles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone out there have played any interesting offbeat indie or casual titles on the PC? I think my current poison is Chime, mostly because I'm trying to 100% of the grid on Still Alive. Anyone else find anything interesting via Steam or otherwise?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 am

there was a game i played for about 4 years called Ultima Online. Was one of the first open world games that could be played online. You could own shops and sell items, tame dragons and mares and horses and ride them. Then you could go out of town and kill other players with them. Magery, swords, fencing lots of different skills and you could have 7 of them. It has its own economic, with rare items you can buy and sell for gold. You can own a house and decorate it the way you want, BUT if you dont visit it for like 20 days it will fall down which means lots of players will stand around waiting for houses to fall which means insane pvp.

Thats not even half of it. I do miss this game but sadly there is still only 1 or 2 decent free servers left.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:15 am

One game which I get heavily addicted to and cannot put down everytime I give it a go, is a little known RPG title called 'Mount & Blade'. I brought it on steam a while back on special for 10 bucks, but I think its normally 20/30. But seriously, its a great example of what a small, amature team people can do with a great idea and some dedication. So yeah, Id recommend checking it out (and by that, I mean buying it, as its people downloading games from small companies like this that can completly stop them and thier talent in thier tracks).

Plus, I think number 2 is in the works!
Back to top Go down
Denikk
AAG ROOKIE
Denikk

AAG Poster Points : 51

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Amnesia the Dark Descent is a game you could call casual. I played it and it scared the crap out of me... I had no idea what the purpose of the game was, I was just walking through that mansion but it was scary as hell...
World of Goo.. perfect example...
Braid is amazing... you will spend hours on solving the puzzles if you dedicate your time, but please... don't look up on the Internet how you are supposed to solve them....it's very, very rewarding when you solve them by yourself...
I can't think of any other right now... I'll edit my post if I remember other ones...
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Denikk wrote:
Amnesia the Dark Descent is a game you could call casual. I played it and it scared the crap out of me... I had no idea what the purpose of the game was, I was just walking through that mansion but it was scary as hell...
World of Goo.. perfect example...
Braid is amazing... you will spend hours on solving the puzzles if you dedicate your time, but please... don't look up on the Internet how you are supposed to solve them....it's very, very rewarding when you solve them by yourself...
I can't think of any other right now... I'll edit my post if I remember other ones...
Unfortunately, I can't run Amnesia on my PC. I only use my computer for some stay at home classics like KOTOR, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2. As for Braid, oh my lord yes it is brilliant. As for World of Goo, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:32 am

I never actually played Braid. I didnt like the screen shots so I stayed my distance. But you say it has rewarding puzzles? This intrigues me, please tell me more...
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:34 am

Laxman wrote:
I never actually played Braid. I didnt like the screen shots so I stayed my distance. But you say it has rewarding puzzles? This intrigues me, please tell me more...
It's probably the best looking Indie games I've had the pleasure to play. As for rewarding puzzles, I bought the game I think last year, about two months ago I finally finished it, no joke. When I finished though, ooo man did I party.
Back to top Go down
Denikk
AAG ROOKIE
Denikk

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:24 pm

It's REAAALY hard...
I didn't complete all the puzzles yet...
You'll find yourself just looking at the screen and thinking 'how the fuck do i do this' for a good amount of time...
It's very rewarding though...
love it'
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 am

Downloaded Age Of Empires 2 the other day. I never really enjoyed doing the missions. But playing like death match or a standerd match was my favorite. The best thing i enjoyed doing was putting the game on hard, collecting all of the relics and trying to survive attacks from like 6 teams. Reinforcing, putting a civilian in the corner of the map just in case i need to rebuild Razz
Back to top Go down
Denikk
AAG ROOKIE
Denikk

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Haha I never did the missions on a strategy game...
Only matches... CIV 5 rocks
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 am

As a coda to this subject, I just recently went back to playing the original Deus Ex in order to get ready for the new one coming out. All I can say is, yes, the game is hard but in the most non-streamlined way imaginable. That being said it's got quite the aesthetic and being able to use your number pad and keyboard for....well, hacking computers and punching in key pad codes is a just a big old immersive dose of WHOO!
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:31 pm

PureAussieGamer wrote:
Downloaded Age Of Empires 2 the other day. I never really enjoyed doing the missions. But playing like death match or a standard match was my favorite. The best thing i enjoyed doing was putting the game on hard, collecting all of the relics and trying to survive attacks from like 6 teams. Reinforcing, putting a civilian in the corner of the map just in case i need to rebuild Razz

Did you get the 'Age of Conquerors' expansion? Also, fave side to play as? Mine is Viking because I'm, well, 1/8th or so Norwegian, with a Longboat Captain in my family tree. Too bad you can only do online-multiplayer over Game Spy.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:09 pm

kriss wrote:
PureAussieGamer wrote:
Downloaded Age Of Empires 2 the other day. I never really enjoyed doing the missions. But playing like death match or a standard match was my favorite. The best thing i enjoyed doing was putting the game on hard, collecting all of the relics and trying to survive attacks from like 6 teams. Reinforcing, putting a civilian in the corner of the map just in case i need to rebuild Razz

Did you get the 'Age of Conquerors' expansion? Also, fave side to play as? Mine is Viking because I'm, well, 1/8th or so Norwegian, with a Longboat Captain in my family tree. Too bad you can only do online-multiplayer over Game Spy.

yea i got the expansion. I like the teutons. Or the Britiziananandjsjanda cant spell it.
I never played online before.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:14 pm

I tried once, it stank so bad I finished all the campaign instead of trying it again. Also, were you trying to spell Byzantine?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:16 pm

yes the Byzantines as it says on google lol
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:22 pm

I didn't even have to look it up, it's my sister's favorite army. She was a VERY defensive player, building up a power base before doing anything. As such she'd firmly control one small part of the map that was hard to dislodge her from. On a map with water, this wasn't too bad as, being a Viking, I dominate on the water, especially against a non-sea nation. The problem is on more land oriented maps. There I have my Berserks sure, but they aren't that great in long fights, they're for raiding and hit-and-runs, which is hard to do when your opponent is behind walls which have arrow shooting guard towers behind them along with several castles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC Indie Titles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Indie Titles   PC Indie Titles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC Indie Titles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Age Gaming :: Other Forums :: PC Gaming Chat-
Jump to: