All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Podcast Topics AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Podcast Topics Brutalgamerlogo

Podcast Topics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 am

Just a thread looking for podcast categories. Cheers
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 am

OK, what are the chriteria for topics?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 am

First episode was on 2010 game of the year and also 2011 games we are looking forward to.
Second postcast will be on FPS's of 2011 and uncharted 1 2 and 3. So really its anything gaming that the majority of the cast knows about or can learn about easily.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 am

Alright, I'd like to hear an opinionated piece about the merits of open-world RPGs like the Fallout series, which have more freedom but more limited narrative consistency, versus more liner RPGs like the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Pokemon series, which offer fewer choices but can tell a more complete story. And yes, I classify Pokemon as an RPG, but that's a different topic. I'd like to hear a discussion about Freedom of Choice vs Epic Destiny and the merits and failings of each. I already have some opinions on the subject, but it's always nice to hear a new perspective on things; and there are probably a few in the audience who haven't thought about it as much, or have only seen one side of the question, or are not even aware of the question. Please note that they are not a dichotomy; you can like one without hating the other. I enjoy both in fact, but I vastly prefer one to the other.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:43 pm

kriss wrote:
Alright, I'd like to hear an opinionated piece about the merits of open-world RPGs like the Fallout series, which have more freedom but more limited narrative consistency, versus more liner RPGs like the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Pokemon series, which offer fewer choices but can tell a more complete story. And yes, I classify Pokemon as an RPG, but that's a different topic. I'd like to hear a discussion about Freedom of Choice vs Epic Destiny and the merits and failings of each. I already have some opinions on the subject, but it's always nice to hear a new perspective on things; and there are probably a few in the audience who haven't thought about it as much, or have only seen one side of the question, or are not even aware of the question. Please note that they are not a dichotomy; you can like one without hating the other. I enjoy both in fact, but I vastly prefer one to the other.

So in short, personal tastes when it comes to RPGs, and an examination of the pros and cons of the two more popular styles. The Open World, do whatever you want style of Bethesda's RPGs like the recent Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3, as opposed to the more linear character driven stories of Bioware, and to a more restrained extent, JRPGs. You know something, yes, yes this has got punch.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 am

An idea for one of your podcasts; talk about how Wii games are never fully represented in GOTY awards. Could discuss how while the games recieve some of the highest ratings, they are rarely nominated and especially win, the awards. This could be becuase the PS3 and 360 are essentially the same machine and are constantly comapred to one another, while the Wii is sort of the off-centre console; everyone has a soft spot for Nintendo and loves the games, but they are rated in thier own light to the 'hardcore' machines games.

This could also be becuase of the limitations of the console, and people may just be going easy on the games becuase of what is, or is not possible on the Wii. Im not trying to bad mouth it here - I love my Wii - its just its no secret that a Wii couldnt pull of the likes of Halo: Reach, or Heavy Rain (not just graphically) so people dont expect as much from the games??

I feel strongly about the way Wii games are given high scores, but I think if the exact same game, with the exact same graphics and mechanics were to be on the PS3 or Xbox, I think it would recieve a much lower average review score. You could probably take it in another direction, this is just an idea I think you could work very well into a 'cast.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:55 am

I do like that idea. Ill see when we can fit it in.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Laxman wrote:
I feel strongly about the way Wii games are given high scores, but I think if the exact same game, with the exact same graphics and mechanics were to be on the PS3 or Xbox, I think it would recieve a much lower average review score. You could probably take it in another direction, this is just an idea I think you could work very well into a 'cast.

Try on the PSP, as I noted with Monster Hunter Tri. It has SLOWER load times, clunkier controls, and only slightly better graphics. Between the PSP version and the Wii version, the older handheld wins. That's just sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Podcast Topics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcast Topics   Podcast Topics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Podcast Topics
Page 1 of 1