All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Demon Souls  AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Demon Souls  Brutalgamerlogo

Demon Souls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:19 am

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has played demon souls for the ps3 before?
Its a RPG ps3 exclusive and apparently its very satisfying to beat since when you die you lose your stuff.

I just bought it from https://www.game-lane.com.au for cheaper then i would be able to find it on ebay.

Also they are releasing a second game in this series has a different title though.

Discuss?
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Remmeber, "Atlas Hates you because it Loves you." If you don't understand that phrase, don't play this game. Fans of the Digital Devil Saga, Persona, and Shin Megami Tensai have an idea of what it means. In Devil Survivor, you can doom yourself to the worst ending in the game by ONE action on Day 2, every action beyond that not mattering. Now take that level of sadistic dificulty, and apply that to every action in Demon Souls. Now multiply it by 3. You now know just how much Atlas Loves you.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Victor, I have nightmares about Demon's Souls.....@_@...now I can't sleep tonight. Damn you!!
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 am

I cant wait to give this game a whirl. Heard it was hard which is good.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm

PureAussieGamer wrote:
I cant wait to give this game a whirl. Heard it was hard which is good.

No, it's good AND it's hard. Those are two different things. Hard can just be frustrating, or it can be a chalenge that makes triumph feel like an acomplishment. Just remember, dieing repeatedly is not only expected, it's a benefit.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:31 pm

As a side note, Atlus is making a "spiritual successor" to Demon's Souls, called Dark Souls. Good news is Dark Souls will actually have a tutorial this time around, instead of just plopping you in a level and watch you stumble through trial and error...at least in the beginning anyway.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 am

Oh God an Atlas tutorial? Run!
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 am

This successor is also in development for the Xbox 360, so I am in rejoice as I cannot stand to play on my PS3 controllers for a game that involves such quick reflexes and steady timing.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 am

I dont understand this game!!!

Edit: Im starting to understand this game now. I didnt think you were ment to die at the start.
Also the Magician is way better then the hunter. 2 Waves of the wand and a hard enemy is dead compared to a long hard battle with a hunter.
They do kind of just throw you into the game. They havent really explained much to me.
I do LOVE the fact that you can see other players fighting and also the messages left behind from other players. Ive left some myself Razz.
Also i dont really know what to do with my souls. I cant seem to store them but if i go out and die with them then i might lose them. So i am feeling forced to spend them on things i dont really 100% need.

Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:50 pm

PureAussieGamer wrote:
I dont understand this game!!!

Edit: Im starting to understand this game now. I didnt think you were ment to die at the start.
Also the Magician is way better then the hunter. 2 Waves of the wand and a hard enemy is dead compared to a long hard battle with a hunter.
They do kind of just throw you into the game. They havent really explained much to me.
I do LOVE the fact that you can see other players fighting and also the messages left behind from other players. Ive left some myself Razz.
Also i dont really know what to do with my souls. I cant seem to store them but if i go out and die with them then i might lose them. So i am feeling forced to spend them on things i dont really 100% need.

horde them until you finally finish the level. Also, if you die, just play upto the point where you died, you can collect your lost souls there. Trust me, you'll need as many as you can get because what everybody? ATLUS HATES YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:07 am

If you DO win your first fight, you die in an arbitrary cut-scene. Also remember, you're safer because there isn't a tutorial. When Atlas includes a tutorial because it feels sorry enough for you to do so, the game will destroy you.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:38 am

you guys are useless. Razz

Atlas?
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:18 am

Atlas...the company that makes the game?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:29 am

its Atlus not Atlas. You can see why i got confused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Demon Souls  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Souls    Demon Souls  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon Souls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Age Gaming :: AAG Main User Forums :: Playstation 3 Gaming Chat-
Jump to: