All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Brutalgamerlogo

PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.

Go down 
+3
Laxman
Darth Rahu
PAG/ GroundRex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Empty
PostSubject: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:27 pm

For the last few days PSN has been down and although i feel for PSN users i cant really say im surprised.

Because there is no online fee for the PSN does this mean there are less services up to stop these hackers from taking down the PSN?

I think Xbox 360 users really get what they pay for. The last time Xbox live was down was in 2006 (I think correct me if im wrong).
I think because we pay for online services microsoft really need to insure that XBL does not go down other wise the users could complain and ask for refunds.

PS3 users are always saying that 360 people have to pay to play which makes the xbox the worse console. But at least we can play online right now.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:41 pm

According to a press release by Sony, PSN is down mostly because it's being rebuilt. So whatever hit it hit it pretty freaking hard. As for all the 360 fanboys trolling PS3 owners allow me to quote the late Graham Chapman when I say, "Stop that, it's silly." Seriously, it ain't cool, golden rule and all that.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 am

Yes but Tyler, I think what Victor here is refering to, is the fact that it is very common knowledge in the gaming community that Playstation 'fanboys' are genreally the worst of the lot. They troll, attack and insult thier way all over the web far more than Nintendo and Xbox 'fanboys', so it is funny that when it all comes down to it, the very thing many of them see - or at least like to claim - as a weakness for the Xbox 360 could possibly be why the 360 will never have such problems; due to the subscription revenue for the console, Microsoft would, and always will have the monetary backing to stop anything like what is happeneing to the PSN from happening to LIVE.

On a similar topic though, Im happy to pay for LIVE. Like they say, you honestly do get what you pay for.

And for the PSN, that happens to be nothing.

EDIT: Im joking by the way, I love my Playstation. But this isnt something I would never excpet, and I honestly do feel the service is worth what you pay.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 am

The thing is we're talking about a worldwide shut down, by an outside force. XboxLive occasionally goes down, but just for maintenance, for a few hours. Plus the whole lawsuit between Sony and Geohot are leading many to believe it was some sort of hacker attack.

We can go on about consumer demand and subscription fees but the point is, take away the whole console war idiocy and this is serious shit. a whole online network that supports millions of gamers WORLDWIDE has been down for over a week. No online gameplay, no way to download anything, and private information has been compromised. It's a problem for the company who is losing credibility and revenue, it is bad for the community as a whole due to the mixed reaction by 360 and PC owners as well as the fanboys clinging to what little justification they have left in their console's good nature, and it's bad for consumers for the above mentioned reason of loss of interactivity and access to online features.

Drop the whole, "they deserve it for being elitist a-holes" and see things objectively. This can get much worse if nothing is done.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 am

No one thinks its not a bad thing Tyler, nor are we trying to 'justify' our console of choice. I was simply poiting out how so many in the PS community change thier attitude during such a crisis, and try to pin others insights on the topic on 'fanboyism' and console war idiocy.

I hate console war arguments and all that rubbish, but I still find it amusing the way the PS community is acting now that they're lovely Sony has failed them. It will be good to have Sony fix the security issues with the PS3 though, as they mentioned in the Email they just sent to all users about whats going on. I dont like to think some nerdy hackers could possibly steal my credit card details.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Its getting even more serious now, there is serious belief the hackers stole credit card information and may be trying to use it.

There is also a class action lawsuit against Sony for not securing credit card information properly or having a suitable security system for 70 Million uses. Things arent looking good.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Agreed. To quote a meme...which I hate to do. Serious business is serious.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

AAG Poster Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:03 am

Its not like Sony can't afford it - they have been huge players for years, the technology they have pioneered has been outstanding as well, to fall victim to their own complacency and idiocy was, as king jong il says, "inevaraball"
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:30 am

Free 30 days of PSN Plus when the PSN is up.

Yay us.
Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 22

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:33 am

And just when I decided to actually buy a PS3. Anyone know when it will be up?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:35 am

This week sometime apparently
Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 22

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:45 am

Awesome. Hopefully it will be up when I get one on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:11 am

PAG/ GroundRex wrote:
This week sometime apparently

Technically it's a phasing in sort of thing. They'll start with online play, then bring in the shop, then bring back chat and friends lists. This is what I've heard anyway.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

AAG Poster Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:17 am

Haha, lets see them bring back their reputation!
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

AAG Poster Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:00 am

I find it funny how like 1 week of no gaming on the PSN can drive people into buying an Xbox 360. Seems like a fair few PS3 commentators on Youtube ended up getting a 360 in spite of what happened xD. Made me chuckle it's almost as if Microsoft did it to increase sales Razz.
Back to top Go down
OzzyGamerChick
AAG ROOKIE
OzzyGamerChick

AAG Poster Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

I feel sorry for everyone that is involved in this but from what I can tell, I think the hackers only really did this to hurt Sony. I don't think they will actually use the CC details or stuff like that, I think they may have done that just to make sure they were taken seriously. But I dunno, thats just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.    PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSN Down. Microsoft Laughs.
Page 1 of 1