All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Lack of 360 Exclusives AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Lack of 360 Exclusives Brutalgamerlogo

Lack of 360 Exclusives

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Lack of 360 Exclusives Empty
PostSubject: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 am

Is it just me, or does it seem like Microsoft have been very, very slack in acquiring exclusive games for the 360?

I really dont want to dispute a console war on here, so please refrain from console-bashing comments, but I have always been of the opinion the few Xbox Exclusives like Gears of War, Halo and Fable are far greater than the PS3 exlcuisves, but now that Halo is finished for the time being, Fable is losing its touch and Gears is coming to an end this year, the 360 seems like it has nothing going for it anymore.

Look at the lists of PS3 exclusives this year, and it has a ton of excellent games, and the 360 only has a very select few, and with Epic wanting to transfer the Gears trilogy to PS3, and Mass Effect now multiplatform, it seems like the 360 is seriously lacking.

I think XCOM and Gears of War 3 will two of the best games this year, on any platform, but in comparison, PS3 has a list that includes Little Big Planet, MotorStorm, infamous, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Resistance, and plenty more this year alone.

Also, pretty much whenever the 360 gets a good exclusive, it goes to PC too, throwing the exlcusive characteristic out of the window. PC players wont want to delve into console gaming if there is nothing exclusive that they want to experince.

So, all up, while the 360 is surpasing the PS3 in sales, I think it will all change very soon if Microsoft doesnt pull something out of its ass and announce some great exclusive titles. E3 perhaps?

Thoughts?

P.S. Again, console bashing comments are really immature and no fun for anyone, so please refrain of unleashing your fury upon this thread.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 am

Well growing up with a ps2 i always did enjoy the PS3 exclusives a lot more and still do. The only games i have on my ps3 are exclusives.

But yes i do think the 360 is lacking exclusives. I was never much of a fan of the Halo series because they did draw it out a bit with halo wars and ODST, but i did enjoy number 1 and 2.
Gears of War games i do love and i guess because GOW3 hasnt come out yet that there really isnt any rush to get another 360 exclusive underway.

They do need a new exclusive game though that really stands up to the Exclusive games ps3 are releasing such us the uncharted series and heavy rain.
Back to top Go down
WreckWren
AAG ROOKIE
WreckWren

AAG Poster Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
They do need a new exclusive game though that really stands up to the Exclusive games ps3 are releasing such us the uncharted series and heavy rain.

Yeah, I got the PS3 for its exclusives - Love the Uncharted series, enjoy the Killzone series, liking Resistance... The PStriple does have its fair share of exclusives!

Thinking about the 360... I actually am having trouble thinking of exclusives besides Forza, Halo and Gears... Crackdown? Is that 360 exclusive?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dl390
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 am

Gameroom!!!

Alex wake?
Assault heros 2
Limbo i think
perfect dark zero i think as well.

Razz
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

AAG Poster Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:48 am

I have to agree that the lack of exclusives on 360 can be damaging, but I suppose we need to also relise that any gaming company or publisher worth its salt would want to push its product accross as many platforms as possible.

That being said there is definatley a nieche for console exclusives but I believe in the long run the only 2 companies, who really have pushed this from the start, are Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft has always been a bit hohum, example look at Halo *only on xbox*....until we port it to PC to make more cash - and I think thats always what it will eventually be about, the dollar signs.

Just my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:19 am

wyldcat34 wrote:
I have to agree that the lack of exclusives on 360 can be damaging, but I suppose we need to also relise that any gaming company or publisher worth its salt would want to push its product accross as many platforms as possible.

Absolutely, it all comes down to money. However, that being said, there is money in it for the head cheese (Microsoft) if they invest in some good exclusives though.

I mean, all of the best PS3 games come from internal studios, becuase Sony care enough to invest good money in making good games, which in turn, bring them the money back. For example, I, along with a few of you guys too, only have a Playstation for its excusives, so thats exclusive games selling the actual consoles.

People buy 360's for Halo and Gears, and now that they are both essentially finished and will probably just be milked in the coming years, Microsoft should be thinking about investing in a new franchise of games.

Microsoft only own 2 decent studios by my count; Lionhead and 343 (although, that last one remains to be seen, but I have a lot fo faith). Rare arent what they used to be. However they do own some brilliant franchise brands I would love to see revived, like Conker, Brute Force, Fusion Frenzy and Shadowrun - a new shadow run with a but more polish would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of 360 Exclusives   Lack of 360 Exclusives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lack of 360 Exclusives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Age Gaming :: AAG Main User Forums :: Xbox 360 Gaming Chat-
Jump to: