All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Favourite Cult Game AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Favourite Cult Game Brutalgamerlogo

Favourite Cult Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Favourite Cult Game Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Just wondering what everyones favourite cult games are?

In case you were wondering, a Cult game can be defined as any game that didnt meet with comercial success. The term is usually reserved for games that serious critics pan like a mother-f**ker, but people still love; ie last years Deadly Premonition. Which was by no means whatsoever a good game, it played like shit, but I, along with a small legion of other people, absolutely loved it for its complete wackiness.

Anyway, mine would have to be the aforementioned Deadly Premonition, or last generations Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Another notable is Shenmue, which I suppose was a bit more successful (still didnt make any money back).

Random fact behind that last one; the game is split into 2 parts, but was originally only meant to be 1. The reason for the split was becuase some big wig as Sega realized half-way through development that to make money on the game, everyone in the world who owned a Dreamcast would have had to buy 2 or 3 copies. This extreme loss of money (the game is rumoured to have cost 100 Million to develop, which for an early 2000 game was unheard of, GTA IV cost that much) is the reason so many fans are left disapointed that Sega will never finish the story arc of the game, which was actually pretty awesome. I did a short review of this game over in the members area; here.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

AAG Poster Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Heh, Deadly Premonition is way out there isn't it!
Looking at the short list I found, I would have to say Deadly Premonition too. I think that whistling tune will be stuck in my head forever, maybe I should Consult my coffee to see if I will ever get it out!
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 pm

wyldcat34 wrote:
Heh, Deadly Premonition is way out there isn't it!
Looking at the short list I found, I would have to say Deadly Premonition too. I think that whistling tune will be stuck in my head forever, maybe I should Consult my coffee to see if I will ever get it out!

Haha, I love the way that tune plays at the most inappropriate of times. Like when a story about a violent serial killer is being discussed, there is suddenly an up-beat jazzy whistle to complement it.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Darn you Swery!
Collecting all those cards was a task as well!
Still need to finish it on menium/hard - that will suck.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 am

I am still not 100% sure what a cult game is but the only 2 that come to mind for me is Ultima Online which started to get really big a few years after it was released. Also so a game called I wanna be the guy.

Not sure if they count though.
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

AAG Poster Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am

I gotta say Redneck Rampage or Hexen (I'm not even sure if either one is classified as a cult classic type game).
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Ulturas wrote:
I gotta say Redneck Rampage or Hexen (I'm not even sure if either one is classified as a cult classic type game).

Yeah Hexen is considered a cult classic. That game was pretty brilliant. I remember constantly renting it out when I was little, and I didnt really understand what was going on, but I loved it! I think I might try to track down yet another old 64 to play it again.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:04 am

I have an old N64 and hexen64 if your interested Lax?
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 am

wyldcat34 wrote:
I have an old N64 and hexen64 if your interested Lax?

Seriously? PM me the damage if you're interested in selling and/or lending/whatever.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 am

Maybe this will be the birth of the trading system we were talking about the other day!
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

AAG Poster Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 am

Laxman wrote:
Ulturas wrote:

Yeah Hexen is considered a cult classic. That game was pretty brilliant. I remember constantly renting it out when I was little, and I didnt really understand what was going on, but I loved it! I think I might try to track down yet another old 64 to play it again.

Haha should just download it for PC from a torrent or something man save yourself some money Very Happy. I mean right now it'd literally play on any current PC doesn't need a graphics card or anything.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:03 am

Come on man, thats no way to enjoy the authenticities of an N64!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cult Game   Favourite Cult Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Cult Game
Page 1 of 1