All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Brutalgamerlogo

When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Empty
PostSubject: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Lately i have been noticing that a lot of people on my friend list have been claiming and acting like they are gamers.
I see posts about how they are playing Ocarina Of Time on the N64 and neo pets and games like that.
And recently the Mana Bar in melbourne was given an open night which i thought about going to because i am looking for a new place to hang out at.
But as i go onto the event page the first thing i see is the people on my friends list who THINK they are gamers are attending the event which makes me not want to go.

I know i am over reacting but what i want you guys to tell me is what you think is considered to be a gamer.

A gamer to me is someone that either has a gaming PC, Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3 or all above.
Not only that but they also get brand new games that have just been released on a regular basis. They also have to be open up to the idea of playing more then one type of game.

And i dont mean just FPS or third person shooter titles, i mean not just play shooter games or music games etc.

They also have to finish the new games they get unless they really hate the game of course.

I think people who consider themself to be a gamer and just play COD games all the time are kidding themself. There is a difference between a gamer and someone who plays video games.

Also my last point is that you CANNOT call yourself a gamer if you do not have a latest console model (xbox 360 and ps3) or have a PC that can play new game titles.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 pm

I completely agree mate!

I hate how tons of people call themselves 'gamers' when all they play is the odd Nintendo title or Call of Duty. To me a gamer is someone who understands the culture and unspoken law of the gaming world.

And yeah, some people really think it makes them cool to claim to be gamers. I dont understand it myself, but they're still better than the average faggy jock or popular bitch from school, thats for sure!
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

AAG Poster Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:30 am

Couldn't agree more tbh. I don't even think I can add anything to what you said Victor xD. I would say for me though gaming is about learning to play said games better, listening to what people say about said games, being good at a wide variety of games not just one genre in particular and being able to play an entire game through (unless of course as you said it's absolutely horrible).
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 am

I thought some of you would understand where i was coming from.

Why do you think the only people that use these forums on a regular basis are people who i consider to be real gamers.

We all enjoy the opinions of other gamers and want to talk about our own opinions with people who will understand them.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:43 am

Yeah Ive also found that people who claim to be gamers like those mentioned in the original post, you cant have a conversation with them about games or games developers at all.

People think its nerdy or whatever to know and be able to talk about game developers, history and all that, but its the exact same thing as how some people like to talk about sports. Only difference is, I dont care for sport, and would much rather discuss something I love, like gaming.

Its its own complete culture, a way of life, and that is what people dont understand.
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 am

PAG/ GroundRex wrote:
I thought some of you would understand where i was coming from.

Why do you think the only people that use these forums on a regular basis are people who i consider to be real gamers.

We all enjoy the opinions of other gamers and want to talk about our own opinions with people who will understand them.

Yea man I wish the forums were more frequently visited and there were heaps more threads and content tbh. Like when I got asked by Craig if I wanted to do reviews I felt like I'd be answering the questions gamers ask when they want to play a said game. Like the whole getting free games for doing reviews didn't bother me at all I don't think I've even asked Craig for anything lol, just happy giving my point of view. We've got a lot of great content but there's not many gamers that frequent this site that appreciate it imo.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 am

Alot more people look at our content then it seems. A prime example of this is is when i get a video with 300 views on it it will only like 8 likes and 8 comments. One of my videos has almost 50000 views yet only like 30 likes and 10 dislikes.

Gamers are just to lazy to comment etc.
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:06 am

PAG/ GroundRex wrote:
Alot more people look at our content then it seems. A prime example of this is is when i get a video with 300 views on it it will only like 8 likes and 8 comments. One of my videos has almost 50000 views yet only like 30 likes and 10 dislikes.

Gamers are just to lazy to comment etc.

I'd say it's kinda the opposite gamers are the ones commenting and randoms are the ones liking/disliking, at least that's what I do anyway. I don't like videos unless they REALLY appeal to me kinda thing otherwise I'd have way too many likes in my liked videos and that just seems pointless :/.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)    When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When did gaming become "cool" (rage thread)
Page 1 of 1