All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Call Of Duty Black Ops. AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Call Of Duty Black Ops. Brutalgamerlogo

Call Of Duty Black Ops.

Go down 
+3
Laxman
GO BAYS
PAG/ GroundRex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Call Of Duty Black Ops. Empty
PostSubject: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:13 am

Anyone really looking forward to this?
Because im not. I am sure i will enjoy playing it but i have never really "looked forward" to COD games.

I cant be bothered looking up a release date but does anyone no when it comes out?
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:19 am

It's dated for November 9 at EB.

I am not looking forward to this much either. Never really been able to get into a COD game except for COD2 when it originally released on the 360.

I much prefer Medal of Honor to any COD game I have played.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:32 am

I agree with you two. I probably would enjoy it, and will most likely rent it for the single-player, but im really not looking forward to this. medal of Honour is one of the best war games ive played in a long time, along with battlefield, and quite simply, Call of Duty just doesnt cut it against the competition anymore.

Bring back a CoD game like the masterpiece that was CoD 2 and I will drop to my knees and... 'worship' it. That game was amazing, and if a new game was set in a similar style (telling the war story from three completely different perspectives; English Soldier, Amercian Soldier, and Russian Soldier) it would have great potential. Also, I liked the class based online much better than all this customisation rubbish. One of the reasons I like Halo so much - everyone is equal, none of this high rank and nerdy playtime = better guns and more kills.
Back to top Go down
Jay Haworth
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:47 am

My brother told me that awhile back the two main creators asked for 1 millon dollars each from the royalities but Activison said no so they quit and they now work for EA games and are bringing out a game called Reborn or Rebirth with the same eangine as mw2 etc so if that is true that would be a game to look out for. But in the end im not 100 percent about it.
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Sounds interesting. It seems not many of us are actually looking forward to Black Ops. For me, Medal of Honor is so addictive.
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

AAG Poster Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:22 pm

the first cod game i played was cod4 (was a big battlefield fanboy before that) and it blew my mind wide open, I was so amped for mw2 to come out and was initial blown away, but after coming to my senses and realizing how much the cheap bstards could exploit it I got over it so that has tainted my opinions about black ops. I wont get my hopes up that its going to be just as good as cod4( I would love it to be) but none the less I will prob play it just as much due to being from a fps clan and thats where comp gaming will be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.australiansocialgamers.com.au
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 am

It'l be intersting to see how the campaign goes. If it's just as short as these other games. MoH seemed to get panned poorly for the single player story.
Sigh, my LAN buddies are over in England so it might be a while before I venture back to FPSs
Back to top Go down
Jay Haworth
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 am

I will give MW and MW2 one thing though the storys on the single player campaign are second to none im a huge halo fan but mw"s writers are amazing
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 pm

G_SE7EN7 wrote:
I was so amped for mw2 to come out and was initial blown away, but after coming to my senses and realizing how much the cheap bstards could exploit it I got over it so that has tainted my opinions about black ops.

I was the exact same! I loved MW2 to start with, but as soon as the novelty wore off, I was outta there. I think that the same thing will happen to the CoD Franchise over the next few years. So many gamers like it, becuase it is so damn easy to be good at, but soon a lot of people will realize that year after year they are getting the same thing, just with more little gimmicks and useless additives thrown in there. Most of which dont add anything good in terms of play, but simply make gamers feel like theyre getting a fresh game when all it is doing to straying way too far from why the series was good in the first place. To myself and a lot of hardcore CoD fans from the glory days (CoD 2 & 3), this has already happened.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Jay Haworth wrote:
I will give MW and MW2 one thing though the storys on the single player campaign are second to none im a huge halo fan but mw"s writers are amazing

IanAAG wrote:
MoH seemed to get panned poorly for the single player story.

This is what annoys me! Modern Warfare (both of them) are not well written for war games! Call of Duty is supposed to be a war game, but these two instalations into the series are nothing more than hollywood action movies, thrown into a video game! The stories are like an action movie and the characters are just like action heroes, not soldiers. No soldier acts the way they do in that game. However, Medal of Honour was developed with the assistance of real Special Forces (or something) soldiers who supervised the story. Medal of Honour games have always told the real war stories, and up until the first Modern Warfare, so did Call of Duty games.

Dont get me wrong, I love a good action movie, and i love a good action FPS, but Call of Duty should never have went the way it did. The games are still amazing, in every aspect, but back to my original argument; Call of Duty is a war game series, not a action-hero, big set-piece, Michael Bay-budget explosion filled gimmick. End of rant.

P.S. Sorry for double post.
Back to top Go down
Oatey
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 1

PostSubject: Black Ops   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 am

ive watched heaps of shit on youtube n done some research n there is some awesome new shit they r putting in the new cod. treyarch want to do a good job of this one cause infinity ward is fucked and they can get some solid contracts out of doing a good job on this one.
itll b the best one yet easy.
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

AAG Poster Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:25 pm

seems treyarch are already out to annoy the gaming community, im not a quickscoper but the deliberate gimping of this seems to be upsetting a large proportion of the fps community. I hope the bells and whistles make up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.australiansocialgamers.com.au
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:36 am

Anyone have this yet? Let us know your impressions below!
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:33 am

Im currently enjoying multiplayer a lot, but the campaign really isnt doing it for me. Its full of borrowed material, a slow story and is in no way a war game.
Medal of Honour had a heaps better campaign, but this multiplayer is still awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops.   Call Of Duty Black Ops. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty Black Ops.
Page 1 of 1