All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Fallout New Vegas AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Fallout New Vegas Brutalgamerlogo

Fallout New Vegas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:34 am

Cool The game has been scored and FYI the review will up later tonight.
Pro Tip: FNV Scored a solid 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:44 am

Cool, nice one Ian, looking forward to reading it, although Fallout is not my type of game! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 am

Great score! Very fair.

However, I feel New Vegas has literally taken everything that was good about Fallout 3 and improved upon it. This is the definative version of Fallout on modern consoles, in a similar style to how Stalker: Call of Pripyat (Dont know how to spell it!) was a far more improved version of the original version of Stalker on the PC. And like Stalker, I doubt this one will get as high scores as the original simply becuase while it improved upon it, it hasnt reinvented it enough to be seen as a completely unique experince and is, for lack of better words; more or less Fallout 3.5 (I do hate that expression).

I have poured around 30 hours into it since Friday...
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 am

Laxman wrote:
Great score! Very fair.

However, I feel New Vegas has literally taken everything that was good about Fallout 3 and improved upon it. This is the definative version of Fallout on modern consoles, in a similar style to how Stalker: Call of Pripyat (Dont know how to spell it!) was a far more improved version of the original version of Stalker on the PC. And like Stalker, I doubt this one will get as high scores as the original simply becuase while it improved upon it, it hasnt reinvented it enough to be seen as a completely unique experince and is, for lack of better words; more or less Fallout 3.5 (I do hate that expression).

I have poured around 30 hours into it since Friday...

More or less. I personally prefer these types of games. I mean I am playing Enslaved - and to be honest I am happy with anyone who gives that game a 7 or so /10. It is short and sweet, but ultimately hollow and I am in no way really engaging with the characters. In fact I talk to that game (which is not a good sign) I yell at TRIP and tell her to stop sooking or shut up or for monkey to just throw her off a cliff. The graphics are pretty but the textures are horribly low rez and grainy and the **SPOIL** live footage **SPOIL** is odd an doesn't fit scratch

I have to review what I get in my hands as code without too much of my own bias
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 am

i been waiting for 1 of you to review this game.
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 am

Alrighty

Fallout NV review is up:

Cheers

Fallout New Vegas 57176

Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:30 am

i want this game now. I might buy it on friday. But i do need like 2400 microsoft points for fallout 3 still. I have point lookout and broken steel already.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

You're honestly not missing much if you have those two already. Broken Steel is great becuase it allows you to play after the main story missions, and Point Lookout is downright creepy and awesome! If there is one thing that is always going to freak me out and keep me interested, its gotta be Hillbilly Mutant Inbred Things. Especially in movies...

But yeah, I dont really think the rest of the expansions are worth getting if you want to get into New Vegas. Save some MP for the DLC planned for December.
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:47 am

Mm, Ive been going strong but already fallen into the standard Fallout trap. I have frikkin 2 followers now at the same time which pwns, but one is sniper and one is a flying robot head with lasers and so far I don't have to do anything. I mean the unbalancing is back in a big way, the 3 of us are just mowing through the bad guys with my sniper taking all the kills- team killer! So it's pretty cruisey and kinda boring I might ditch my companions and go solo they steal all the fun out of it
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 am

Laxman wrote:
You're honestly not missing much if you have those two already. Broken Steel is great becuase it allows you to play after the main story missions, and Point Lookout is downright creepy and awesome! If there is one thing that is always going to freak me out and keep me interested, its gotta be Hillbilly Mutant Inbred Things. Especially in movies...

But yeah, I dont really think the rest of the expansions are worth getting if you want to get into New Vegas. Save some MP for the DLC planned for December.

You can continue playing after broken steel missions yea? Cause im planning on beating broken steel then the rest of the DLC
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah you can continue after Broken Steel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fallout New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas   Fallout New Vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout New Vegas
Page 1 of 1