All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Massive Fable III Review! AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Massive Fable III Review! Brutalgamerlogo

Massive Fable III Review!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

Massive Fable III Review! Empty
PostSubject: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:13 pm

John has done a huge Fable III review! Take a look at the following link:

http://www.allagegaming.com/products/fable-iii-360-review/

Thanks
Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 am

One thing I still want to know is- is the game weighed down with bs like flirting and buying chicks drinks and getting them preggas, cos that was the worst part of Fable II. I couldnt do a mission without my wife getting stroppy and all the sim micromanagement of trying to lose weight and crap...is that all gone?
Also how is multiplayer... they ditched the online trade and auction house which is BS cos that was going to be epic being able to sell and trade your weapons with friends
@John-
Does your weapon still morph and level up as you grow and change based on your good/evil stance? Sad
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:16 am

Hey Ian,

Multiplayer is pretty much the same as Fable II but with less laggy problems, but personally I think the game is best enjoyed alone - like most RPGs.

And yes, you can still flirt around with the ladies (and gents...), buy them drinks, pretty flowers - the lot. I dont see that much point it all that though, aside from if you are just looking to try out eveyhting the game has to offer or earn some of the achievements (like one which requires you to marry 6 people and kill 2).

As for the weapon morphing, yes its still in there, but its not as awesome as I imagined. Legendary weapons also morph as you go up levels and complete 3 'Challenges' each one has, like spend a certain amount of gold, or killa certain amount of a certain creature with it. There are tons of different challanges, some of them stupid and useless, others pretty cool - but they all add up in making yourself the ultimate weapon. Its a good feature, but one that will only see true potential when other companies rip it off or Lionhead master if for Fable 4 (which i think its pretty safe to say there will be).
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:19 am

Yer it's very subtle.

I mean so far the weapons seem to change along a set path ie- ur leveled weapons will look the same as my leveled weapons. Hard to see the good/evil choices being played.

Mostly because the game now is either ALL good or ALL evil. Unless you do those meta challenges for weapons you may not notice a differance and in theory it forces you to be good or evil.

I guess the game is more about choice now rather a simulation. They have sidelined alot of the sim stuff like food making you fat and thin and having to buy a million gifts of differant types.

Also by restricting things like buying shops till later it forces you to play the story a bit to unlock them which is good becuase I bloomin hated the last game because I spent all the time meeting people and sim and shopping and never even started the story.

Oh FYI John: Drinks and flirting are for "making babies" which I will tell you about later. But I know you would never want to bring anymore kids into this horrible world that will just grow up to make it worse Very Happy so that might not be for you. As it is, I didn't notice that achiev, I have one wife and 2 kids, which is a record cos last game I got stuck impossibly trying to make the one wife happy wile supporting 2 more!

The game is longer than 10hrs though fully, I mean I only just saved the first major town and gave food to the poor village in the snow...and I'm well over 7 hours in. I havn't even unlocked any other areas cept the bandits. Anyway the game turns on it head once you become King and then the real Sim managment sets in.

Sadly alot of the fatasy stuff like Hobs and big bad creatues seem to be missing, All I've killed so far are wolves...but I do like the free Highlander outfit I got with the game complete with the highlander tatoo set and hair. I am flippin running around as THE highlander (from TV) and everyone loves me @
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Not really my type of game, but I have seen plenty of "Why Fable 3 failed" articles. For those that have it, is it better than the 2nd and in your opinion did it fail to bring anything fresh to the series?
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 am

I wouldnt say it failed at all.

I think games need to constantly change and be different from the other series titles, otherwise we just have another (modern) Call of Duty or Final Fantasy, where every instalment is practically the same with new skins and textures. I mean, a lot of the people saying the game failed are saying its too different from the original. But it was similar to the original, I bet most of the same people would be saying something like 'its too similar to what we've played before' or some shit. People just like to bitch, and no matter what, there are a lot of people, especially in this industry, who will have a winge about something - everything - anything.

If it was a brand spanking new series, and no one had ever heard of Fable before, I am willing to bet large sums of money I wish I had to say a lot of gamers would instantly call for 'Fable = Game of the Year'. Everything about the game is great, and in terms of longevity, power, graphics, gameplay, sound - everything - its superior to the original game. But like many other, I would say the original was a better game because of how outrageously unique and original it was. Since then, so many games have borrowed from the series and ripped it off, so now what was originaly amazing is now pretty commonplace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massive Fable III Review!   Massive Fable III Review! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Massive Fable III Review!
Page 1 of 1