All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

I just got more GB's per month!! AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

I just got more GB's per month!! Brutalgamerlogo

I just got more GB's per month!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

I just got more GB's per month!! Empty
PostSubject: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:22 am

I just got upgrades from 12GB's a month to 25GB's. Now i can upload my video in the best quality possible.
Also i can download movies all the time now.

What movies should i download?
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:26 am

You shouldnt download any movies. Downloading music is completely ruining the industry right now, and the same will happen with movies if this keeps up. The only thing stopping it is the large file sizes coupled with peoples low internet download limits.

But more on topic, my internet has also been increased! from 25BG to 200! So im happy!
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:48 am

Movies will always be around. In the end only the great movies will be made. So its a win win.
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:52 am

Downloading movies is very common and I must admit I do it to. Getting into what downloading movies and music does to the respective industries could be a very exhaustive discussion, although I don't think the music industry is being ruined by it John as I think you will find that more people are buying CD's in retail stores now than ever. One bad thing about downloading which stops a lot of people besides the lower quality is that people are very materialistic and love having the proper CD and cover. Same with games and movies, which is why it will be interesting how the next gen of gaming pans out as a lot of people will be unhappy if it goes 100% digital download.

I have 120 gig limit, but hardly use as I always forget to download stuff! lol I chew some of it up with demos on XBL and PSN though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:03 pm

You're right there Craig! Movies will always be around because people still love to go to the cinemas. And the discussion is infact very exhausting!

However, you're wrong about it not affecting the industry. One of my favourite musicians, one Tobias Sammet, recently had to cancel his latest project due to extreme numbers of illegal and downloaded copies of the last projects making the rounds online. The project im refering to is Avantasia, and although all of you on here may not have heard of it, Tobias released a statment saying the reason for the lastest album being canceled was due to poor sales and high album downloads. If thats not solid proof, I dont know what is - A producer, performer and record label owner openly admiting the cancelation of his project due to illegal copies and downloads.

Same goes for games, but this is strongly only releated to PC. Epic recently canned the development of their latest Unreal game becuase of the extreme number of downloaded and illegal copies. Movies may survive becuase of public viewings, but games and music (some music at least, like Avantasia, where its extremely hard if not impossible to perform live all over the world) are getting the shit end of the stick that is P2P networks and cheapskates with good internet.
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 am

Laxman wrote:
You shouldnt download any movies. Downloading music is completely ruining the industry right now, and the same will happen with movies if this keeps up. The only thing stopping it is the large file sizes coupled with peoples low internet download limits.

But more on topic, my internet has also been increased! from 25BG to 200! So im happy!

Yer, to be sure there are some definite issues with "piracy" ie - even Halo Reach ect or that dude in QLD with Super Mario that got sued by Nintendo.
It's the distributors that cop flak though, rightly so. Look, that said- I have I TB of data here and haven't even nearly filled with movies, TV and movies.
ATM it's not so much piracy that is killing the "Industry" but online distribution methods. I mean every corner DVD shop is shutting down because they can't compete. A few years ago, the cinema themselves were in danger, the VG Industry has been making more money than either music or movie for about 7 years now. I would wager that also, alot of 'piracy' today comes from digital methods, it is alot easier to pirate already digital copies, than to pirate DVDs or CDs.
So it is hard to see how such piracy impacts sales. One other factor and a big one is that with video games a lot of money is made off re-sell or on sell of products. You can trade back games, but not movies or music. so if you pirate a VG your bleeding money 3 fold.

For the most part I "download" only TV shows, because I hate ads. I follow shows from the US and get them as soon as they come out in the US rather than AUST. But here what I don't get.
TV has ads : piracy = no ads so no money .... but these days with digital boxes and TIVO you can skip the ads anyway. Plus TV is free to air. If you are not going to buy the DVD box set after watching it on TV, the/n you are not going to buy it after downloading it. TV Piracy is just people recording their shows ON THEIR TVS and allowing people in OTHER COUNTRIES to watch it.

Man back in the old day I would tape TV on VCR and then walk to my mates and give it to him ... anyway, I see a big differance between TV/MOVIES MUSIC and GAMES.

Ontop of which FYI: before 2001 there was NO COPYRIGHT LAW in Aust for Digital Distribution. Literally the law has been amended in the last 10 years to include 'one personal copy and one backup copy' .

If you pay for a song on ITUNES, but then let your friend copy it to his ipod, your in breach of copyright study
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:24 pm

i dont get why if the Australian doller is almost level to the American do we still pay 30-40 more for brand new games D:
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 pm

You don't pay $30-$40 more if you buy your games from our site sponsor GAMELANE, who are located in Sydney and have great service.

http://www.game-lane.com.au/

Thanks
Craig
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 pm

75 dollers for medal of honor is a great price. But american games are like 60 bucks
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Perhaps, but at least you are buying from a reputable retailer in Australia. And the postage times are much better too!
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:36 pm

GO BAYS wrote:
You don't pay $30-$40 more if you buy your games from our site sponsor GAMELANE, who are located in Sydney and have great service.

http://www.game-lane.com.au/

Thanks
Craig

Ohsnap
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
75 dollers for medal of honor is a great price. But american games are like 60 bucks

Yer it actually has nothing really to do with the strength of our AUST$ . I mean prcies are not going to fluctuate based on shifting economics, also the price is determined inside of the country as games are not specifically "imported", if they were like say shoes or even seasonal like food then the price would change. There is an agreed and fixed price within Aust for this consumer good. However you will notice that BIG W or Target sell games ALWAYS at cheaper prices than GAME or EB.
As far as I know the main reason for this again, is on-sell or resell value. There is a markup based on the fact that alot of people are just going to trade back in and/or sell it back, in most cases you get the $30 or $40 back!! thus the initial markup (or something to that effect) ....
That's about as much as I know about it really, plus all the discounts trade in value ect EB offers say over JBHIFI, JB can afford to sell the games at a lower point due to other revenue like CD and DVD sales. Imagine EB sold a game for $70+ plus discounts+tradein ect... they would prob run at a loss.
Back to top Go down
puppet
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:44 am

dexter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just got more GB's per month!!   I just got more GB's per month!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just got more GB's per month!!
Page 1 of 1