All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Where do you buy your games? AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Where do you buy your games? Brutalgamerlogo

Where do you buy your games?

Go down 
+3
GO BAYS
Laxman
PAG/ GroundRex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Where do you buy your games? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 am

Well there is Game, EB games, JB HI FI, dicksmith or even some independent shops out there.

Im curious to where you buy your games.

I used to buy my new games from EB games but right across the road (road in the mall) was a new store a few years ago called Game. I only bought the occasional game from them but recently because i buy a lot of games brand new i have found that they are really cheap. They price match with JB and they smash EB's prices and not to mention they give you pretty big discounts if your a reg customer.

When it comes to buying old games i tend to buy them off https://www.game-lane.com.au/ because they are cheap and you know they are brand new. But i do buy a lot of games from england threw ebay because they are super cheap from there.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 am

If games are coming out a few weeks early in other countires, I always import from the particular countries Amazon. It works out very cheap and I get them early (Two Worlds II). Just rmmeber to make use of google translate if your buying from Germany, it can be tricky haha.

I used to always buy them from EB though, becuase the dude who managed my ex-local EB was awesome and used to give me free shit and cheap games. He probably wasnt allowed, so i didnt say anything.

But now I usually get them from JB. Its the cheapest place around and I can always pick up a CD or two while im there!
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:54 am

I don't buy many games these days! Wink

If I did it would be from GAMELANE that's for sure. http://www.game-lane.com.au/
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm

I have to say GameStop mostly because they have good sales and trade-in agreements just in case something isn't upto snuff. Also, I'm a sucker for Steam whenever it comes to their PC sales. Seriously, that's how I got Borderlands for ten bucks and Chime for a buck twenty-five.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:27 am

Game is pretty good with trading in as well. I think they give you an extra $5 for every 5 games you trade in or more i forget
Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 22

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Depends on the game I want, really. I go to GAME first, because they have better prices and friendlier staff. Their selection is limited though, so sometimes they don't have the game I want, especially if it's an older game. When that happens I go to EB Games. Cash converters is also good when I'm low on spending money.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 am

Tazzy da devil wrote:
Depends on the game I want, really. I go to GAME first, because they have better prices and friendlier staff. Their selection is limited though, so sometimes they don't have the game I want, especially if it's an older game. When that happens I go to EB Games. Cash converters is also good when I'm low on spending money.

Yeah Cashies is good, you can always find some really rare or awesome old games there, too. Good place to find some rare calssics from the original Xbox like Call of Cthulhu or Shenmue that play on 360.
Back to top Go down
V23
AAG ROOKIE
V23

AAG Poster Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:22 am

I'm pretty old school when it comes to buying games, usually settling for JB Hifi. When Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 come out I may look into buying online, which site is typically the best?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:48 am

Use our sponsors. http://www.game-lane.com.au/
Each purchase gives you loyalty points which can saved and used on a game to cheapen it.
Also there is a program called the referral program. So if i were to refer you to the site we can both get a $5 voucher off any game we want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mango
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:20 am

I buy mine most of the time on ebay have a AUS shop I get from had no problems and the ship pretty fast.. other then that where ever is cheaper lol

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy your games?   Where do you buy your games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy your games?
Page 1 of 1