All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Brutalgamerlogo

Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Empty
PostSubject: Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.   Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am

Hey guys,

Got a little problem here. I run my computer to my monitor through a simple HDMI cord, however, it seems that becasue of this, I am unable to hook up any kind of computer speakers or headphones through my monitors output sound plug successfully. What it does is simply keep using the monitors crappy little speaker instead. Any idea of what i could do to fix this or what the problem is, short of just ditching my HDMI cord and using seperate Audio/Video cords -- as thats not something I want to have to do?
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

AAG Poster Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.   Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 am

I use a DVI cable from my comp to monitor, basically the same as hdmi cable but without the sound, which is cabled directly to my comps sound system. short of that perhaps you can disable the sound from the hdmi cable(try google for info i guess) and run the sound from your sound card?
Back to top Go down
http://www.australiansocialgamers.com.au
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.   Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:43 am

You want to plug the speakers into the monitor ... or the comp.
I would sound out of the computer not the monitor. I mean with the XBOX >
XBOX HDMI into the TV but my computer logitec speakers are plugged into the back of the XBOX not the screen...
HDMI obviously carries sound as well, so I have the sound coming out of the screen as well as the speakers (4X)

You may need to buy an adaptor or sound car for the comp or download the drivers...but don't plug speakers directly into the monitor...

EDIT: John are you using a laptop? I just realized I have HDMI on this lappy so I might try a solution for you. But my lappy also has a mic port and 2 headphone holes....which is where I would be putting the speakers
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.   Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 am

Nah, im not using a Laptop (I have major problems with that thing too!!), just a desktop.

I've tried using speakers directly from my comp rather than my monitor too, but it has the same result. I think Ill just bite the bullet and get a DVI cable as G_SE7EN mentioned and run my speakrs directly through my computer.

Cheers for the help fellas.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.   Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:45 am

Alright, Ive finally found a solution to this old problem.

It turned out my actual computer isnt able to be hooked up with anything other than a HDMI cable, so the DVI idea was void.

How I managed to fix it was to go into my control panel and find the sound settings, and had to manually enable/disable which I wanted/didnt want, respectfully. Sucks, I have to do this every time I want to change from using headphones to my monitor speakers.

Oh well, its a fix nonetheless, and I just thought I would post this in case someone has similar problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.   Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speakers/Headphones output with HDMI Sound.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Age Gaming :: AAG Main User Forums :: Tech Talk / Videos-
Jump to: