All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Brutalgamerlogo

What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?

Go down 
+6
samipuss
Ian
PAG/ GroundRex
Scandoflick
Laxman
GO BAYS
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Empty
PostSubject: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:58 am

I do my gaming on a 32inch Toshiba HDLCD TV. It is not the best around, but the 360 and PS3 look very nice on it.

Let us know what you guys have.

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 am

I have a 36 inch LCD, unfortunately its not full HD though. I get to play on my housemates set up now though, which is a huge wall-mounted 46-48Inch LCD with a 7.2 Surround System. I never realized how big of a difference it makes with games like Halo and Mass Effect with such a great set-up!
Back to top Go down
Scandoflick
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Running mine on a 50inch Pioneer 508xda. Doesnt matter if its not full HD Laxman, you wouldnt even notice the difference. Resolution isnt that big a deal with smaller screens your contrast ratio and colour saturation are more important according to the ISF. Cant wait to build my theatre and get a projector. Tell you what with the aussie dollar getting stuff from US is cheap as these days, Im eyeing off a new amplifier, but the wife doesnt know that silent
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:53 pm

3 inch hand held tv
Back to top Go down
Scandoflick
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 am

LOL that must be hard holding the controller and TV at the same time Smile
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:50 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
3 inch hand held tv

Haha, seriously?

I once thought about trying that but my hand-held thingy didnt have any sort of AV plugs...
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
3 inch hand held tv

I think he's talking about video out for recording only. Thanks to K Rudd I have a 50" SONIQ JBHIFI Homebrand. Goes alright runs hot though cos it's plasma
Back to top Go down
samipuss
AAG ROOKIE
samipuss

AAG Poster Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:28 am

currently using a 46 inch bravia, when new house is finished it will be a 110 or 120 inch screen with projector Laughing
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

AAG Poster Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:52 am

IanAAG wrote:

I think he's talking about video out for recording only. Thanks to K Rudd I have a 50" SONIQ JBHIFI Homebrand. Goes alright runs hot though cos it's plasma

lol K rudd also bought me a 40" Sony Bravia for my gaming needs, what a nice guy he is Smile sound is a bit crappy for gaming so i bought a pair of turtle beach px-21's which i absolutely love.
Back to top Go down
http://www.australiansocialgamers.com.au
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:53 am

I got sent a pair of Steelseries 5XB http://steelseries.com/products/consoles/steelseries-spectrum-5xb to try and review for the site and I must say they are pretty awesome. Just got to figure out how to properly do the xbox live chat through them before I do my final review. I love being able to actually hear my game when playing at night while the wife and kid is asleep! lol
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:20 am

they look pretty beasty, i like the idea of the retractable mic. I dont know how i ever played ps without my headset, adds a whole new dimension plus the misses never gets upset about the noise being too loud haha
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:23 am

Yeah they are pretty cool. However, when they release in Australia next month they will retail for $179.95 which is pretty steep. How much were the ones you got?
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 am

I got mine online for a little over $100 including postage but i believe you can now get turtle beach at JB hifi for about the same cost.
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 am

G_SE7EN7 wrote:
they look pretty beasty, i like the idea of the retractable mic. I dont know how i ever played ps without my headset, adds a whole new dimension plus the misses never gets upset about the noise being too loud haha

Does the PS3 have party chat yet?
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:40 am

No I don't think it does Ian. I don't have a mic for mine anyway and the Steelseries 5XB are specifically designed for the 360, although you can use them as regular headphone for the PC/TV.
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:46 am

the ps has a mic chat room feature but you need to have a camera as well which most guys dont so its pretty useless, we just meet up in lobbies for games like mw2 and such and chat there
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:34 am

On the topic of headphones, I think im going to go large and dish out some hard-eanred for these beauties: Astro A40 Audio System. Complete with the Mix Amp thing, those should be pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
G_SE7EN7
AAG REGULAR
G_SE7EN7

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am

wow hardcore, I expect them to be pretty sweet, might have to hide the price tag from the misses Razz
the set i got has a seperate volume control for game sounds and chat, as well as bass control, and mic mute so i cant complain, actually very happy with them Smile
Back to top Go down
Lukey3204
AAG ROOKIE
Lukey3204

AAG Poster Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I play on some crappy 21inch Sony from 1488
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

AAG Poster Points : 65

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:49 pm

GO BAYS wrote:
I got sent a pair of Steelseries 5XB http://steelseries.com/products/consoles/steelseries-spectrum-5xb to try and review for the site and I must say they are pretty awesome. Just got to figure out how to properly do the xbox live chat through them before I do my final review. I love being able to actually hear my game when playing at night while the wife and kid is asleep! lol

I am looking forward to that review Craig, been looking out for some nice earphones that I can chat through Live on. I have a pair Sennheisers that I use now which are awesome and cost a small fortune. But they obviously don't do Live chat.

As for TV I have a 46inch X series Bravia (the one with the glass bevel around the outside) it is awesome.

Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Nice TV Michael. The review of the headphones will be up by this weekend.
Back to top Go down
V23
AAG ROOKIE
V23

AAG Poster Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:32 am

Nowadays I do most of my gaming on the secondary TV (50" Panasonic G10), sitting two metres away on a bean bag is very nice indeed Smile. It's full HD but I have to settle for 720p when playing 360 due to having the original SKU without HDMI input. My family's main TV in the family room is a Panasonic 54" V20 from last year which has surround sound but I don't usually get a chance to use it much for gaming.

Edit: Whoops, sorry for the bump Smile
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm

My TV has just been updated to a 54inch Panasonic FULL HD Neo Plasma. Very nice indeed! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?   What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What TV/Screen do you do your gaming on?
Page 1 of 1