All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Brutalgamerlogo

Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

AAG Poster Points : 65

Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Empty
PostSubject: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:32 am

Who is getting it? What are you getting? And post your initial impressions here as well.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 am

i want to get it. If it will fit my fatass in the lens.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 am

I want to get it, but am dirt broke right now. So it might have to wait a few weeks/months. I pretty much want it for the use of talking to/using my Xbox through voice and motion, I dont really care that none of the games appeal to me.

Its funny though; out of all the websites and internet circles I frequent, pre-release impressions were terrible - people hated the idea, were calling it a 'glorified eyetoy' (idiots!) and generally badmouthing it. But now its been released, the exact same people love it. It really must be an impressive bit of hardware to change the mind of so many nay-saying internet warriors. Becuase as im sure all of you know, thats no easy feat.
Back to top Go down
Denikk
AAG ROOKIE
Denikk

AAG Poster Points : 51

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Well Microsoft finally passed the 'controller' part in making a console.. Finally you don't have to hold something in your hand to play a game...
I have no idea how you can ..lets say shoot in a shooter or accelerate in a racer -and so on- but the idea is pretty amazing...
Won't be getting it though (of course lol)
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:30 am

Bit the bullet and brought one today! Its so god-damned fun! Enjoying it much more than the motion min-games on the Wii. Motion Sports is great fun, teh boxing is top notch!

My advice? Even if you think you wont enjoy the games (I certainly didnt think id like them), just go for it, it wont dissapoint if you just want some pure fun.
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:18 am

I have been playing it since Thursday. I won't give to much away as I am nearly finished my review, but it is a lot of fun. Obviously adventures comes with it. It a decent game and good fun with the kids. I picked up kinectimals for them as well and I was surprised by the quality in that game. I picked up Kinect Sports on Saturday and played it yesterday it is a pretty good title and loads of fun. My brother brought over his copy of Motion Sports last night and whilst it lacks some polish of the other titles we had some fun with it.

Do you guys see e common theme here. FUN.

Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 am

Kinect is definitely turning out to be an interesting piece of kit. Will probably get it next year once the voice recognition is fully integrated here for us Aussies. It's a bit off that it isn't integrated already like in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:56 am

there should be a separate post of this in the reviews!!!
I am planning on getting a Kinect one day and my bedroom is pretty big but not sure if its big enough.
Also my tv is pretty low down you think that would make a different. How small is your theater? And how big is the family room
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 am

Craig normally puts up a topic in the reviews but as he only just posted the actual reviews I am sure they are coming. I made this thread before it had released to discuss it and see who else was getting it.

From some educated guess work the theatre tv is about 3m tops from the couch and the family room is about 4m from tv to couch. I will measure them properly when I get home from work and post up. Apparently some people have had success in smaller spaces by mounting the sensor higher.obviously don't go too stupid with it but it apparently helps. Looking forward to my new house being finished so I will have some more room!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)   Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinect (yes it is a short title but still descriptive enough I would have thought)
Page 1 of 1