All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Whats your gaming history? AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Whats your gaming history? Brutalgamerlogo

Whats your gaming history?

Go down 
+4
GO BAYS
Darth Rahu
Laxman
PAG/ GroundRex
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Whats your gaming history? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 am

i am interested to know what your gaming history is. So first consoles and games and maybe even websites you have been apart of. Respect each others post because each post deserves to be read.

I was about 4 when i first played the NES that my nonno (grandad) owned. It was the classic Mario 1 game which i probably beat when i was about 6. 4 and 5 was just not really sure what was happening. The funny thing is me my brother and my nonno new every single short cuts in this game and in mario 3 and i find that weird because my nonno found them and he has never touched a computer or anything.

I still have the NES and i own some really epic games on it i think if i sold it which i wont id make a small fortune.

When i was about 9-10 there was a kid who lived across the road who was rich and we were poor who had a nintendo 64. And the only game we ever played was 007. My brother would always be there as well but for some reason i was to pussy to play any level other then run way which is kind of depressing now that i think about it. We then got giving out own and sold our sega around the same time which i rarely played because it was my brothers. Many years of Nintendo 64 then i had like a 2 year break of games for some reason. Then one xmas morning i got a PS2 i was very happy still have pictures of the day. I loved GTA SA and god of war games. I got 100% in GTA SA which means all the tags, horse shoes and the oysters and every mission and side mission and i did it without using any guides took like 150 hours and a lot of it was on the last horse shoe which you needed a jetpack or a parachute to get. I played the ps2 for many years.

I had a break from console gaming and went to PC gaming on the oldest online game around Called UO. and this game very much so destroyed my life. I started playing this game when i was about 13-14 because real life friends showed me this game. I quickly surpassed them in items and gold and became one of the games (on that 10 year server) biggest scammers. Scamming and stealing is legal in this game as long as you dont hack accounts. I quickly became one of the richest people on the server and would of sold about $800 worth of stuff. There was a great time when the Australian doller was very poor compared to the American and the conversion rate made me heaps of cash. I still jump on other servers here and there and its one of the greatest games of all time there is nothing you cant do on it.

I was a very late bloomer when it came to getting a 360. I could never afford one my mum was having money issues when they came out. So i got expelled from high school and started working in a factory and had plenty of money and i bought a 360 in November 2008 when was 17. I dont really remember how but i was automatically addicted to Achievement whoring. My first game was Rainbow 6 vegas 1 and assassins creed 1. I still think to this day that i had the most fun on a console online game on Rainbow 6 vegas 1. While i was working 8 hours days in a factory my mind wandered and thought about things i could do with gaming especially because i was so good at every game i touched. (telling the truth sorry) And thats when i thought id make my own website with a real life friend of mine called nortor games. I had never done a website before or even had the know how but i was very happy with the end result but as craig would no some times staff members stop working so the site failed and well i never advertised it or anything. Then i started youtube reviews in september 09. I got a lot of hate because i would post my reviews on peoples forums and they would shred me but there insults helped improve my videos. After a little while i started my own website called PureAussieGamer.com and it got about 10 views a day which i was very happy with because it was just me and my material. My youtube channel was starting to pick up and because i never really ask for subscribers i dont have as many as i could. But as i was starting to get the odd video in 1000 views i got a message from craig offering me to come work for his website. So i quickly shut down PureAussieGamer.com which i hated to upkeep and started doing my work for AAG. Now i have all 3 consoles for reviewing purposes my reviews are about 30-40% at there best im getting many views still not many subs and not as much hate mail. I do advertise my reviews on some forums that welcome me with open arms as long as i mention AAG comps and keep there users happy.

I hope to one day AVG 2000 views a video and have over 1000 subscribers.
I do need 700 subs to become a youtube partner although i will try at 200 when i reach there.

Whats your story?
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 am

Very interesting idea Vic, good to read about others gaming histories I think. Here's mine;

I got a NES when I was about 4 I think, It was a present from a family member. Cant remember for the life of me who, just remember opening the parcel from the mail with my two older brothers. I was too young to know what was going though, like what you said, and simply jumped around and died a bunch of times at Mario. Shortly after that though, we upgraded to a SNES, and thats when I started trying to play for real. I remember the classic Hook game pretty well, and remember my Mother used to play it when we all went to bed at night and draw up maps of the levels for me becuase I sucked at it something cronic. Thinking back on that, that was probably the coolest thing a mum has even done, haha. Especially since my mum hates playing games.

I remember having a sega or two as well, but I never played them much, just used to watch my brother play them over and over.

Then there was the 64. That changed gaming for me, and the world. I had never been addicted to a game before Goldeneye, or Jet Force Gemini (AMAZING GAME!), and then more so Mario 64. there were just so many games I loved and I will never forget that console.

I played my friends Playstations a lot at thier houses, but compared to my 64 controller and games, I hated it. I longed to get home and pay a real console, hahaha. When I lived in England we brought a Dreamcast when they first came out. That was the first serious time I started looking at how great games and graphics were becoming. My first Survival horror game was Dreamcasts Blue Steel (or somthing like that ). Was a horror monster game set in the ocean with great shooting and at the time, great graphics. Very standard, but for me, it was major. Then i got into Shenmue and Sonic Adventure, which threw me into my love of RPG games, from which ive never recovered.

When I moved over here, I found it hard to find Dreamcast games, but one day I went to a garage sale with my mum, and surprise, surprise, a box of OVER 100 Dreamcast games, all burnt with easy computer software and a handful of Boot discs for 100 bucks. Score! I played and replayed Hidden and Dangerous, Virtua Tennis, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and all the great Dreamcast titles; SEGA Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, the lot, over and over. It was the time of the life. I regretfully sold my Dreamcast for 100 bucks with all the games the week before Xbox was released. My mum brought us that, and it cost over 700 bucks with Halo. I played that game over and over for weeks, was gob smacked at how amazing it was. I was thinking the Xbox was going to be like my friends Playstation 2's... How wrong I was! 2 weeks later, the Xbox came down in price over 200 bucks, and EB had this form to fill in for anyone who brought it when it was expensive. Socred 2 free games of my choice and a free controller. Picked RallySport Challenge (which started my love for racers), and this massive action game, forget what it was called... Started with A... Had big blue people with cloths over thier privates and sticks. Shit, that sounds like Avatar....

Snce then, I havent looked back on staying loyal to my Xbox. It provides me with the best games, best community and best sexiness. I have always had both other consoles to get the best exclusive titles which both have a great deal of, but if there was ever a multiplatform game, I wouldnt question which machine to get it on.

And thats me, in a -somewhat massive- nutshell. Lets hear some other stories of early blooming/late blooming, never blooming gamer stories!
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 am

what about your reviewing history?
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:59 am

Oh, there's not much of that for me.

All Age Gaming is the first webiste ive worked for. But im also a contributor for Live Guide (www.liveguide.com), which is music related, primarily live shows.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Like Victor, mine was a Nintendo household. I remember playing Super Mario Bros. 1 until I could make it to World 8 without even trying. I also distinctly remember playing small games on I think a Commodore 64 when I was in preschool. Yeah, I thought putting a tux on a penguin was so hilarious at the time, still do a little bit. Anyway, I mostly stuck to Nintendo Consoles playing mostly their popular IPs, Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Star Fox. I did this upto the Wii, then I started branching out, I wanted more than just the same stuff, and became a bit of a snob. I went from a Wii, to a 360 then got bored with all of the shooters, went to a PS3 then got a gaming laptop last Christmas. I've officially covered all of my bases. Lol. Not much else to tell. I started growing up on Nintendo until this generation then BOOM! I looked at everything.
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Well, my gaming history started many years ago with the Commodore 64 and the Atari 2600. I remember fondly Arnie Armchair's Cricket on the Commodore 64 and Le Mans. Then I went onto the Sega Master System II, then the Sega Megadrive (Genesis in the US). The Megadrive was bloody awesome and I personally think it shat all over the Super Nintendo. The 6 button controller for the Megadrive is still to this day the best controller for Street Fighter games. I remember paying like $150 to import Super Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition which was the best Street Fighter game available at the time. I also fondly remember the start of the FIFA and NBA Live series and of course the best mascot in gaming, SONIC!!. I preferred Sonic's speed over the boring Nintendo Plumber. Having to buy my games back then, every year I always pre-ordered the new Street Fighter game and the new FIFA and NBA Live game. My mates and I couldn't get enough of NBA games and to this day I always get a soccer and NBA game every year. I also loved the original Mortal Kombat game which was way better on the Megadrive than on the SNES, as Nintendo didn't allow blood!! WTF for a MK game! lol

After the Megadrive, being obviously a massive SEGA fan, I naturally moved onto the Sega Saturn. Once again, in my opinion this system was better than all the competition, but Sony's marketing machine and the release of the Playstation meant the early demise of my beloved Saturn. Still, I had great fun playing amazing games like Sega Rally, Daytona and Virtua Fighter 2 on the Saturn.

Then, I regrettably bought a Playstation, purely because there was nothing else around. And no, I wasn't buying a Nintendo machine! The Playstation for me was only a means to play the latest version of FIFA and NBA. I tried to get into Gran Turismo, but it bored me.

Then, thank god, the awesome Dreamcast was released. Although it met an early demise due to the Sony propaganda and the release of the overrated PS2, the Dreamcast to this day is still my favorite console of all time as it had so many great and fun games. It has only been since its demise that people actually look back and appreciate how ahead of its time it was and how many truly great games it had. Perhaps if people weren't so brain washed with the Playstation, Sega might still be the awesome innovative console maker it once was.

With Sega now out of the console race, I resisted buying a PS2 (Thank god!) and went for the new kid on the block, the Xbox. Feeling very much like a Dreamcast 2.0 the Xbox was great. But, gaming never really felt anything truly special like the good old days of the Megadrive until the Xbox 360 came along. The 360 is the console that made me like shooters. I never liked shooters on ANY console before it. The one game that started my love for a good shooter is one of the best games this generation, none other than GEARS OF WAR! Building on the foundations that the Dreamcast laid out, I finally got a taste of online gaming on the 360. Having NEVER liked PC for gaming, and I still don't, to me they are for work, it was good to connect with other gamers online on the 360.

Once I got into the 360 more, and with the many gaming sites around, I started writing reviews for my360.com.au. Having traded in the very disappointing NBA Live 06 for NBA2K6, I met a fellow gamer who I played many games of NBA2K6 online with. When I told him about how I did reviews for a website, he told me that he shared one of the dreams I had had since getting into gaming back in the 80's. The dream I always had was to work for a gaming magazine and getting to play heaps of games for free and getting paid for it. As the internet was only just coming in back in the old days, all the gaming news/reviews had to be read from those glossy magazines. So with the internet now very much a mainstream thing, and to a certain extent I was doing what I always dreamed of doing, this gamer and I got talking about perhaps starting our own website.

So, in August/September of 2006, we created GAMING OBSESSION AUSTRALIA. After initially starting it as a forum, we turned it into a fully fledged website and ran it for 2 and a half years. In early April, 2009 we went our separate ways and then ALL AGE GAMING was born! On April 19 this year, ALL AGE GAMING will be 2 years old which is something I am very proud of. Starting ALL AGE GAMING has been awesome and I am hopeful that it will be around for many more years.

So at the moment my gaming is split between the Xbox 360 and the PS3, although it is mainly the 360. I do have a Wii, but that has now been put with my 4 year old daughters TV instead of in the lounge room with the "MAIN" consoles. I never play the Wii and never really have, but my kid likes it, so that's the main thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 am

Outstanding craig. out bloody standing.

You missed out on some epic Nintendo games though.
But i missed out on some great titles myself.
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 am

Thanks mate, hope it was an interesting read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:08 am

Wow, great post mate.

Glad to see other games appreciating the greatness that was the underappreciated Dreamcast console! Shame Sega dropped out of the console race, as a Dreamcast 2 or whatever could have demolished all other consoles.
Back to top Go down
Panthagrey
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 am

I hope this in the right spot...Smile

Im panthagrey and i'll keep this simple.

Played atari when i was a youngin loved games like pitfall and space invaders had a blast back then for the first time.
Ive owned a Commodore computer and also had a Nintendo64 which went to PS1,2 AND 3 i also have an xbox360 and a wii which dont get used much as im always on the ps3.
Im nearly 39 years old and been a gamer all my life.
I was formerly one of the Founders (along with my real life best mate) Of SYCO (Sydney Company) before moving onto founder of FRAG along with Members Limbless one and Chocsalty.
Im also currentley trying to organise another Social/Comp clan Called REPA we have a free website but recruiting is slow.

So in a nutshell thats my gaming experiences...Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.fragtheweak.com.au
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

My history, oh where to begin....I was not a gamer until I was ten. It's not that I wasn't exposed to videogames, they just weren't that interesting. My first gaming system, from ages 4-6, was the old Gameboy Handheld Electronic Device. We had two of them. The games were mostly for Dad. We did have a NES, but we didn't set it up until we settled down after my Dad's military service. Games were something I did when I was stuck inside with nothing else to do. They came AFTER books on my list of fun things to do. Then for one Christmas my father got the whole family a Play Station. He mostly got it so he could play this new game called Final Fantasy VII, and I got to play Crash Bandicoot 2. I won. Please note that, I won a game for the fist time. It really made me happy. I mostly played racing games and a couple less successful platformers (Crok and 40 Winks anyone?), and then I started to try more on the NES and Gameboy. I beat Kirby's Dreamland for the Gameboy. Then I beat Kirby on the NES. neither was TOO hard. And then something interesting happened that made me a gamer.

Since I was five, there was ONE game I could never beat a single level of, Mega Man 2 for the Gameboy. When I was seven I got to a boss for the first time, though I never won. Now, at age ten, I beat Metal Man. I got a new weapon, learned about enemy weaknesses, and started on the path to STRATEGIC gameplay. Now games weren't just 'react'. they were 'learn, plan, and adapt'. Beating Mega Man 2 was the best thing ever. I started playing harder games I couldn't beat before, and while I didn't win them all, I got a lot better. And then I played FF7 with my Dad's permission. He felt I was old enough to figure it out, and he felt it was neat that I was interested. And thus my love of RPGs was born. I played for HOURS, trying to find and do everything. As such I was always a good level for all of my fights, I did 'grind' without knowing it.

However what finally, truly clicked me over to loving games as more than a hobby to be done every now and then was a game called Pokemon Blue. I didn't know what it was about, the game adds were a bit confusing. All I knew was that you fought and captured monsters called Pokemon. I figured it was neat, and chose the Blue version because Red was out of stock. Since it had a turtle on the front, I chose the turtle pokemon to start off with. Anyone whose played the game knows the rest. Fast forward and I've already pre-ordered Pokemon Black which I shall play after I beat Mass Effect 2. So yeah, I went from 'games are at the bottom of my list' to 'games are second to religion'.

((please note this is a simplified version where I have left a LOT out, for obvious reasons.))
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 pm

interesting mate
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:09 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
interesting mate

Yeah, neat huh? not your typical origin story, most gamers fell in love right away.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:10 am

Eh i was to young to really be fond of anything lol. Apart from candy
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:02 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
Eh i was to young to really be fond of anything lol. Apart from candy
yeah I used to get snicker'd all the time, lost a lot of good recess buddies over it.... I wouldn't recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 22

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:28 pm

I don't really remember when I first started playing games. I remember having a SEGA when I was young, and I would play Sonic and Tails on that, because that was the only game we had on that. I also had a Super Nintendo and that came with Super Mario Bros. Wasn't as into that as much as I was Sonic though. Afterwards I got a Nintendo 64, and I played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on that. That was that first game that really kept my interest. I played it for months, but I never even got up to the temple of time. God I sucked back then.

But the first game that I remember actually getting was Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy Colour. That was the first game that I actually owned (the other games were owned by my parents). It was the first game that I beat too. So that was basically the game that started it all for me. Never grew out of Pokemon, either =D.
Back to top Go down
V23
AAG ROOKIE
V23

AAG Poster Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 am

One of my very early memories of gaming was getting Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Christmas one year and sitting down with my two other brothers playing through it. Ah, nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 am

V23 wrote:
One of my very early memories of gaming was getting Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Christmas one year and sitting down with my two other brothers playing through it. Ah, nostalgia.

I play through that game at least once a year, lately on my Wii. Still such an amazing game, there really hasnt been anything like it since. Cant wait to expeirnce it on the 3DS with the added dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:06 am

Wait... it's coming out on the 3DS? That's the first I've heard about it! Now I really can't put off buying that thing.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:15 am

Tazzy da devil wrote:
Wait... it's coming out on the 3DS? That's the first I've heard about it! Now I really can't put off buying that thing.

Its really the only reason i even slightly want a 3DS
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:38 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
Tazzy da devil wrote:

Its really the only reason i even slightly want a 3DS

Its the main reason I brought one. Im a little annoyed, a lot of the features actually arent available at the moment, like Internet, and a few other things. You click on them, and it just says this will become available through an update later. Pretty silly to launch it without 100% software ready for it I think.
Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:12 pm

I hate when that happens. I bought Pokemon Black when it came out, and none of the online features were working until a couplle of days ago. I suppose I'll cut them some slack because of the earthquake thing though.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Tazzy da devil wrote:
I hate when that happens. I bought Pokemon Black when it came out, and none of the online features were working until a couplle of days ago. I suppose I'll cut them some slack because of the earthquake thing though.

I sold my copy before they came out. They would of had lots of returns because of it.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:24 am

Back to top Go down
Tazzy da devil
AAG ROOKIE

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 am

That is awesome! Must. Get....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gaming history?   Whats your gaming history? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your gaming history?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next